If you have decided to invest in diecasting to move your business forward, then choosing the best die casting company to work with is crucial.
Why? Because picking the right one can be the difference between success and failure – wasting precious time, money, energy and risking the reputation of your company.
With that in mind, what should you be looking for from a die caster? What makes one different from another, and how do you decide? Here we take a closer look at some of the key things to keep in mind.
Die casting company checklist
- Time scales – this is a key consideration for most businesses, time is money after all. So you need to look for a company that can produce your parts quickly, without compromising on quality. It’s also important that they are realistic, it’s all too easy to over promise and under deliver.
- Equipment – continued investment in equipment shows commitment to a high level of service. The latest innovative equipment also increases the chances of the die caster being able to guarantee open capacity, often needed for more demanding projects.
- Materials – you might only be looking for an aluminium die casting company but one that can work with various types of metal provides you with increased options and flexibility.
- Costs – competitive pricing is essential, but this needs to be balanced against the level of service, skill and quality of the end product received. Poorly produced die cast parts can cost more in the long run.
- Experience – how established is the die casting company you’re looking at? What sort of client base do they have? The longer and more varied their customers’ history, the more experience and skill they will undoubtedly bring to the table.
- Service – check to see if they offer more than one type of die casting. Gravity, pressure, structural, aluminium – the more extensive their service the more confident you can be that you’ll be offered the most appropriate and efficient service for your needs. It’s also worth looking to see what they offer in terms of finishing and machining
- Communication – is the company keen to answer questions and discuss your project? Understanding and precisely interpreting your needs is key to a successful relationship with your die casting company, which is why excellent communication is an absolute must. If the company you have approached seem reluctant to engage or answer questions, it’s best to seek services elsewhere.
Contact Lupton and Place for all your die casting needs
Here at Lupton and Place, we’ve been leading the way in aluminium diecasting for over a century – and ahead of the game is exactly where we intend to stay!
We pride ourselves on offering an exceptional die casting service with clients from a huge variety of sectors. So whether you’re from the automotive industry, work in entertainment, defence or construction – we’re confident we can assist with all your die casting needs.
Take a closer look at the die casting service we offer or get in touch with the team to discuss your requirements in more details.